A well-maintained roof can last for many years and protect your home against harsh weather conditions. Now that the weather is nicer, it may be a good time to check your roof for signs of damage.
In this post, one of the most trusted roofing companies, Hill Roofing Corporation, shares some roof maintenance tips.
Preventive Roof Maintenance Checklist
1. Have your roof checked at least twice a year and after extreme weather events.
2. Create a historical roofing file for your home. This should include the history of the installation, repairs, replacements, changes and the roof plan. In addition, it should also have the original plans, specifications, warranties and, if possible, roof system material samples.
3. Make sure that the roof is free of debris.
4. Look for damage to the flashings, metal sheeting, copings and areas that were previously repaired. These should be immediately handled by experts in roof repair services like Hill Roofing Corporation. Our team can determine whether these parts should be repaired or replaced.
5. Re-caulk the top of face-mounted termination bars on single-ply roofs if needed. Bituminous roofs should be examined for splits in the stripping plies.
6. There should be minimal traffic on the roof to prevent membrane damage.
Your roof should be inspected by trained roofers at least twice a year, preferably in spring and fall. Early detection of issues allows for their resolution before they get bigger. These inspections should be recorded in writing.
Damage detected after harsh weather events should be immediately repaired. Trust your roof’s maintenance to the expert in roof installation services, Hill Roofing Corporation. Our team has been providing quality commercial and residential roofing for almost four decades. Call us at (703) 291-0311, or complete our online form for a free quote. We serve clients in Manassas, VA.